For the time being the program uses only XviD codec to recompression process (versions: 1.0.3 or newer). he installation pack contains all required components (the newest versions of: VirtualDubMod, AviSynth and XviD).
AVI ReComp can be very useful for users who want to clear their AVIs out of GMC or Qpel functions to prepare their clips for standalone DVD players. The program contains the feature of embedding subtitles into video. So if you want burnt in subtitles, you can use this software. Additionally the newest versions allow you to add black borders to your movie and place your subtitles on them. You can also adjust all settings for ssa and ass subtitles (style, colour, position).
AVI ReComp enables batch encoding, getting detailed information about AVI files and adding own logo to the movie. You can also change a resolution and aspect ratio of your video clip. The Cropping tool can be used to crop existing black borders or just change video aspect ratio. It is also possible to convert all audio streams of your movie choosing one of available encoding modes (VBR, ABR, CBR) and bitrates.
AVI ReComp supports AVIs with the following audio formats: mp3, wav, ac3, dts, ogg. Supported subtitle formats: TMPlayer (.txt), MicroDVD (.txt / .sub), SubViewer2 (.sub), SubRip (.srt), Advanced SubStation Alpha (.ass), SubStation Alpha (.ssa).
Changes in AVI ReComp 1.4.4 :
- New version check option.
- "Donate" and "Beta-testing" buttons.
- New tray menu icons.
- New progress bar for active jobs.
- Additional info in the "Data panel" (QPel, GMC, AR, audio encoding mode).
- New keyboard shortcuts description window.
- AviSynth updated to version 2.5.8 RC4.
- Lame updated to version 3.98.2
- Source and temp files protection if a job is stopped with an error.
- Log info corrections and improvements.
- Some command line improvements.
- Desktop alert module rebuilt (now with fade out effect).
- "Move up/down" buttons - enabled only if more than 1 job in the queue.
- Job list improvements and corrections.
- Default mp3 encoding mode changed to VBR.
- Changed names of some temporary file names.
- Black borders not allowed (warning) for AR lower or equal 4:3.
- Some GUI changes and improvements.
- VDubMod is now running in hidden mode.
- Better target size calculation.
- "Data panel" rebuilt (new "General" section).
- The new AVI size now auto-defaults to the size of the source file.
- Removed or replaced some log data (file names, paths) in the interest of preserving users privacy.
- Additional warning if a save to location and/or target size are not specified.
- Improved Unicode support in some places.
- New source file could be loaded via context menu during setting audio parameters for another movie.
- Some dialog boxes collisions.
- A rarely encountered type of mp3 audio stream could be flagged as unrecognised.
- There was a space in the bitrate value instead of a thousands separator.
- Incorrect behaviour when Stay on top option was enabled.
- In some circumstances a job could be marked as "aborted" even though it was completed.
- Taskbar icon error when using Cropping or Resizing tools.
- Serious bug when recompressing files with size larger than 4 GB.
- Incorrect behaviour of some windows.
- Spelling corrections.
• Related downloads:
- DVdate: is a powerful utility for processing AVI files in general, and specially AVI DV files.
- ReStream: with this tool you can change many options of a MPEG2 Elementary Stream without re-encoding.
- alltoavi: is a program that batch convert ogm, mkv to avi, with subtitle and audio track selection, video resizing, bitrate and codec selection.