Precision, speed and the maximum fidelity were the top priorities in desing of the AsfBin software. Not to mention, of course, reliabilty of this tool.
The whole operation is performed without recompression of the whole file. On a user demand, only a couple of first samples may be recompressed to give the ultimate precision in cutting. Because of that, the video quality is not degraded and the resulting file remains as unchanges as possible.
In the previous versions of the result of an operation was always one media file. But since version 1.5 a -sep option was introduced to allow a user to save each selected range to a separate file. Other unique feature is the ability to recreate key frames basing on progressive ones, thus allowing to cut the video at any desired time position. Because AsfBin do not rely on ASF file index, it can skip damaged area and repair the data stream starting from first good samples.
Features of AsfBin 1.6.1 :
- cutting fragments out of all ASF files (*.asf, *.wmv,...),
- precise file joining,
- repairing damaged and/or unseekable ASF files (*),
- loseless processing,
- creating loops,
- ability to remove streams,
- adjusting packet size,
- adjusting buffer window,
- ability to removing scripts, markers,
- saving segments to a separate ASF files,
- inverting selection, so you can easily point the fragment to be deleted,
- adding markers and commands,
- delaying selected streams (not necessarily audio streams),
- printing out information on key frames location and index entries,
- control over the type of indexing,
- cutting fragments adjusted precisely to key frames locations,
- debugging ASF files,...
*) For all people who could not repair or process their asf files:
If you tried all possible ways using AsfBin and the tool couldn't do what you needed, or it just simply crashed, go to the AsfBin Bugs section.
Changes in AsfBin 1.6.1 :
- The total file size info kept in the ASF header was not properly updated. This resulted in lack of seeking possibilities when streaming processed file via Windows Media Server.
- Bug connected with processing files containing script command stream corrected. The total time spread of all samples gathered in a single packet could go beyond 65536 ms, what was against ASF specification.
- Asfbin was losing last script command sample. This bug is corrected in this version.
• Related downloads:
- Steeper: enables you to repair, modify, join and cut out fragments from ASF and WMV files.
- Advanced WMA Workshop: allows you to encode WAV and MP3 files to WMA 8 format with variety of format settings, decode WMA and MP3 files to WAV PCM.