You've probably watched hundreds of tiny videos on websites - it's tedious. Democracy Player makes video on the internet less frustrating and more enjoyable. You can subscribe to channels of internet video, download videos, and watch them fullscreen, one after the other, all in one application. Internet video becomes internet TV. It's free and open for everyone to watch and broadcast.
Features of Democracy Player 0.9.5.3 :
- Subscribe to Channels: Democracy has a built-in Channel Guide, an open catalog of hundreds of free channels. Subscribe to any channel with a single click.
- Download from Channels: After you subscribe to a channel, pick videos to download individually or set the channel to automatically get new stuff as it comes out (like a Tivo).
- Watch Videos: Lean back and watch your new videos in full screen at your convenience. Democracy plays lots of video formats.
- Auto-Download: Set your favorite channels to Auto-Download new videos as soon as they are available. You'll always have something new to watch.
- RSS is everywhere: Democracy can subscribe to any video RSS feed (video podcasts). Look for 'Subscribe' buttons on your favorite web sites.
- Seamless Bittorrent: Democracy seamlessly integrates Bittorrent and doesn't leech.
- Fullscreen: Lean back and watch fullscreen.
- New Items: A blue circle next to a channel means new videos are available for download. Green circles mean new videos are ready to watch.
- Manage Videos: My Collection lists all the videos you've downloaded and can be quickly searched.
Changes in Democracy Player 0.9.5.3 :
- There was an odd bug that could get Democracy into a state where the window was cutoff or very small and couldn’t be resized (if you quit the app and then made the window really small before it actually quit, the window would stay stuck too small). So, if your Democracy Player is stuck in an un-resizable state, get this updated version.
• Democracy Player 0.9.5
- Refined interface. simpler, smoother, easier to use.
- Share menu. New ’share’ menu on each item lets you email a video or post to Video Bomb, del.icio.us, Digg, or Reddit.
- Partial proxy support. We are halfway done with proxy support. You should be able to use Democracy Player with no problems, but you won’t be able to access the Channel Guide from within the player. You can get to the channel guide on the web here.
- VLC 0.8.6 on Windows. We’ve upgraded the version of VLC that powers Democracy Player for Windows. This version has much better flash video support for sites like YouTube.
- Videos stored in folders by channel. Videos that you download from video feeds will now be stored in a folder with the name of the channel. This should keep things much more organized.
- Pause / Resume downloads. Long awaited! You can now pause and resume any download or all downloads.
- Better BitTorrent support. BitTorrent performance is significantly improved.
- Show seeding on torrents. In the downloading tab, you can see all the torrents you are currently seeding and you can stop them if you choose to.
- Drop-down for auto-download. There’s a new drop-down menu on each channel that let’s you set the Auto-Download mode without going into the channel settings.
- Thumbnail generation on OSX. On Mac, if you have downloaded a video that doesn’t have a thumbnail, we will make one automatically.
- ‘Details’ section. Each video item has a ‘details’ button that will show you any additional information we have about the video. This includes details about torrent status, the filename of the video, the full description, etc.
- Retry downloads on network errors. If your internet connection gets interrupted or if something else goes wrong with a download, Democracy Player will automatically retry. Very helpful.
- Bug fixes and other little touches.
• Related downloads:
- Songbird: is a desktop Web player, a digital jukebox and Web browser mash-up.
- TVUPlayer: is a free program that enables viewers to watch high quality live television programs around the world.
- Winamp TV: is a plugin for Winamp that lets you control your TV tuner card from the multimedia player.
- JLC Internet TV: is a program for watching free online TV channels.
- phonostar Player: listen via the internet to thousands of radio stations from all over the world...
- XstreamRadio: enables you to listen to more than 1.000 national and international radio stations.
- Streamripper: helps to rip streams directly from Winamp.