The subtitle creation process consists in using a plain text file containing the dialog lines in sequential order and apply these lines as subtitles into the opened media file during the video playback. DivXLand Media Subtitler includes cutting-edge features to edit and improve existing subtitle files as well.
Support for at least 30 subtitle formats added since version 1.8.0.
Features of DivXLand Media Subtitler 2.0.5
- Create subtitle files from plain text files
- Preview subtitled video immediately without saving file
- Save partially edited files to resume subtitling process later
- Automatic caption timing features
- Multiple subtitling modes available
- Support for basic text formatting
- Support for at least 30 subtitle formats (open and save)
- Keyboard shortcuts available to control subtitle process
- Spell check using the Ms Word component
- Check for product updates directly from Help menu
- Full product documentation
in several languages included as PDF and online
Changes in DivXLand Media Subtitler 2.0.5
- Added ability to extract the audio stream from AVI and MPG files into MP2, MP3, or WAV format
- Added option to detect and delete captions with credits and links
- Current caption time is now marked over the Audio bar
- Caption time can be adjusted by right-click-and-drag over audio bar directly
- Added dialog to replace text
- Added Bulgarian translation
- Corrected issue that was always reactivating the VSFilter on exit
- Corrected alignment on some objects for right-to-left languages
- Files now can be opened from the Windows shell
- Fixed improper charset for some languages on caption preview objects
- Fixed failure to close program correctly while loading an audio file on audio bar
- Formatted captions are now highlighted
- VirtualDub is now started with a different procedure for the subtitles embedding process, fixes error on Windows 98
- DivXLand Media Subtitler 2.0.5 requires the Microsoft Visual Basic 6 runtime libraries, which you can get directly from here
. Windows XP already includes them.
• Related downloads:
- DirectVobSub (VSFilter)
: is simply a DirectShow filter which can be used to display subtitle.
: is an application to convert, edit, synchronize, create movie subtitles.
- DivX Subtitle Displayer
: a program that can display subtitles while playing DivX movies.
: was created to display additional subtitles during DVD or Media files playback.
- Subtitle Workshop
: is the most complete, efficient and convenient freeware subtitle editing tool.
: allows you to convert ASCII based text files in SubRip’s SRT or SUB format to the binary format expected by DVD authoring tools.