It makes MPEG-4 camera clips DivX/XviD compatible and playable with any DVD-MPEG4 player like regular MPEG-4 movie.
MP4Cam2AVI supports *.MP4, *.MOV, and *.AVI input (MPEG-4 AVI's from Casio P505/Z750 cameras are not DivX-compatible). MJPEG *.MOV's from photo cameras are supported as well.
MP4Cam2AVI doesn't recompress video, that means no quality loss and fast operation (5-20x realtime, depending on audio settings). Audio can be stored in source format, or converted to MP3 (best for DVD-MPEG4 players) or PCM (best for editing).
Unlike many converting apps, MP4Cam2AVI doesn't require QuickTime or any codecs to work, it performs all the job itself.
Features of MP4Cam2AVI 2.79 :
With MP4Cam2AVI, you can:
- Convert and join MPEG-4 clips from your camera to single DivX-compatible MPEG-4 movie (to watch on PC or DVD-MPEG4 player);
- Batch convert many clips to edit with any avi editing app;
- Correct audio/video lag in some cameras like Minolta A200
- Make sound 'softer' with configurable lowpass filter (great for Sanyo Xacti C1)
From version 2.20 MP4Cam2AVI supports MPEG-4 AVI files from cameras like Casio EX505/750, Casio S500, Pentax Optio s5n. Files from these cameras are not DivX-compatible, most DVD-MPEG4 players won't play them. Repacking with MP4Cam2AVI solves this problem.
Tested cameras :
• MPEG4 camcorders: Sanyo/Fisher C1/C4/C5, Olympus C770 Movie, Sony DSC-M1, Pentax Optio MX/MX4, Samsung V40/50/70, Samsung V700, Casio EX P505/Z750, Casio S500, Pentax Optio s5n.
• Photo cameras with MOV MJPEG video: Kodak LS753, Minolta A2, Minolta Dimage Z3, Nikon Coolpix 5200, Nikon 8400, Nikon E8800, Panasonic FX7, Panasonic FZ-1, Pentax 750Z, Olympus C-5000/C-5050/C-8080, Olympus mini digital, Pentax Optio X, Sanyo Xacti J1.
• Other cameras: Kodak DX4530 (H.263 video)
Changes in MP4Cam2AVI 2.79 :
- BugFix: uLaw Stereo support for Kodak Z612
- BugFix: MP3 High quality error for sample rates 16000 and 32000 Hz
- AVI: MS ADPCM (x0002) support added (also supports IMA ADPCM - x0011)
- BugFix: Audio de-sync with ADPCM AVI's (Casio cameras)
- Some bugfixes in AVI header parser
- BugFix: 'Prompt to overwrite target file' - now works correctly
- BugFixes for for 'split by avi size limit' and additional split rules
- BugFix: hangs with AAC sound and 'Source audio' option
• Related downloads:
- Video2Photo: can capture individual frames from a video source, such as a DV camcorder, Web cam, or from a local video file (AVI, QuickTime, DivX or MPEG).
- Nikon RAW Codec: enables you to handle RAW image files under Microsoft Windows Vista with the same ease as JPEG or TIFF images.
- GeoVision CCTV MPEG4 Codec: also known as GEO-MPEG4 Codec - helps to play back AVI Files copied from a GeoVision system.
- Sunplus 32-bit Compressor (or SP54 codec): helps you to play .avi files generated by few popular digital cameras.
- Alaris VGPixel codec: if you need to play a video that has been created with the Alaris Web Camera software or any other software that uses the VGPixel codec, this is the answer.