MPEG Streamclip is a powerful high-quality video converter, player, editor for MPEG, QuickTime, transport streams, iPod. And now it is a DivX editor and encoding machine, and even a movie downloader.
You can use MPEG Streamclip to: open and play most movie formats including MPEG files or transport streams; edit them with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim; set In/Out points and convert them into muxed or demuxed files, or export them to QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4 files with more than professional quality, so you can easily import them in a DVD authoring tool, and use them with many other applications or devices.
Features of MPEG Streamclip 1.2 :
- MPEG Streamclip lets you play and edit QuickTime, DV, AVI, MPEG-4, MPEG-1; MPEG-2 or VOB files or transport streams with MPEG, PCM, or AC3 audio. MPEG Streamclip can export all these formats to QuickTime, DV/DV50, AVI/DivX and MPEG-4 with high quality encoding and even uncompressed or HD video.
- Video conversion is performed in the YUV color space; you can choose to scale video to any frame size using a professional 2D-FIR scaler (better than bicubic) but you can also leave it unscaled. Other optional video processing features include a powerful motion-adaptive deinterlacer, a field dominance converter, a chroma reinterlacer and an option to perform interlaced scaling instead of progressive scaling. Audio can be converted to uncompressed or to IMA, AAC, MP2 or AMR using the high-quality MP1/MP2/AC3/PCM built-in decoders of MPEG Streamclip; it is also kept in perfect sync with video using a timekeeping system.
- MPEG Streamclip can save edited movies as MOV files, and (when possible) as AVI or MP4 files. Edited MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 files are saved as MPEG or TS files.
- MPEG Streamclip can also convert MPEG-2 transport streams into muxed MPEG-2 files, for immediate burning at full quality with most DVD authoring applications; it can also demux MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files and transport streams with MPEG, AC3, PCM audio to M2V and AIFF (or M1A or AC3) files, for immediate burning at full quality with DVD authoring applications. A special demuxing option is available for use in QuickTime Pro: this application does not work well with M2V files, but MPEG Streamclip can write a special "unscaled" M2V file that preserves full video quality.
- MPEG Streamclip can handle files and streams larger than 4 GB, split in any number of segments, or with multiple audio tracks, and can also optionally handle timecode breaks. It is compatible with MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, MPEG layer 1/2 (MP1/MP2) audio, AC3/A52 audio, and PCM audio.
- The player included in MPEG Streamclip lets you preview the files and transport streams before doing the conversion; it also lets you visually set the In and Out points for the conversion so you can convert just the part of the file you are interested in, and also cut commercials and other unwanted parts, or edit the stream and join two streams with Cut/Copy/Paste.
Changes in MPEG Streamclip 1.2 :
- new option to add a textual watermark
- added playback and download of YouTube MP4 and Veoh videos
- fixed download from Google Video and Yahoo! Video
- fixed a problem with some AVI and DivX files
- can open and export AVI 2.0 files
- new feature "Export to Other Formats"
- concurrent tasks in the batch list
- added an audio exporter
- new Open DVD command
- fixed and improved Open URL command, with download
- improved video downloader with batch options
- added two iPhone presets
- fixed some compatibility issues with Windows Vista and XP
- fixed compatibility with latest QuickTime and large files
- new cropping options
- conversion of multiple MPEG audio tracks
- go to time command
- added many new settings in preferences
- many bugs and known issues have been fixed
• Related downloads:
- To use this free application in Windows XP, you have to download and install QuickTime 7 or QuickTime Alternative (but NOT both!). When you install QuickTime Alternative, be sure to enable the checkbox "Extra QuickTime plugins", otherwise the MPEG-2 decoder will not be installed.
- HDTVtoMPEG2: converts HDTV MPEG2 transport stream files to standard MPEG2 video files playable by media player, many software DVD player programs and readable...
- MPEG Mediator: is a free and easy to use MPEG-Video stream converter.