Like Firefox, it is built from Mozilla, cross-platform and open source.
Feaures of Songbird 1.0 :
- Play Anything: MP3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WMA, and more. Can you teach Songbird to sing?
- Pick Feathers: Choose from the two included themes: Rubberducky or Dove. You can even make one yourself.
- Control the Flow:
Play, Pause, Previous, Next, Volume, Mute, Seek, Three Repeat Modes, and Shuffle.
- Multi-Task: Quickly switch between tasks using the buttons to the right of the dashboard display.
- Organize Your Library: Filter your collection by Genre, Artist, Album, and Song or Search-As-You-Type.
- Scan Your Computer for Music: Songbird will find your music and add it to your collection for you.
- Super Slim Mini-Mode: Use the mini-mode for basic controls while keeping Songbird out of the way.
- Multi-Language Support: Songbird comes in 39 languages. Be a localizer and see Songbird in your language!
- Build Custom Mixes: Drag-and-drop songs from the Library or another playlist to create your own custom mixes.
- Make Smart Mixes: Criteria-based playlists that are always up-to-date with your current collection.
- Dynamic Mixes: Get mixes from the Internet and stay up-to-date with the latest updates, downloads, and casts.
- Play In Place: Songbird plays MP3s without leaving the page.
- Play the Web: Play web pages as playlists and view any web page as a playlist.
- Set Music Watch Folders: Tell Songbird to watch a folder for new music and it will automatically add new tracks to your collection
- Integrated Web Search: Search the web from the context of your collection or tell Songbird to search on the currently playing track.
- Cross-Platform: Runs on Mac OS X, Linux and Windows.
- Songbird Extensions: Coming soon! Have an idea for an extension?
- CD Import and Burn: Coming soon!
Changes in Songbird 1.0 :
New Features :
We now use GStreamer as our main media playback system, across all platforms - giving us higher performance, better reliability, and a platform for much more media-related functionality in the future.
• Improved mashTape
When you listen to music in Songbird you’ll have the option to see Flickr photos, YouTube videos, last.fm biographies, google news (and more) for the currently playing artist. mashTape has been completely re-written from the ground up to be more extensible and flexible than ever.
• Improved Album Art SupportImproved Album Art Support
The album artwork feature now supports drag and drop of images, as well as, toggling between Now Playing and Currently Selected tracks.
- More changes here.
• Related downloads:
- Miro: download and watch all the best internet TV shows and videos in one powerful application.
- Screamer Radio: is a freeware Internet Radio player for Windows.
- Streamripper: helps to rip streams directly from Winamp.
- phonostar Player: listen via the internet to thousands of radio stations from all over the world...
- XstreamRadio: enables you to listen to more than 1.000 national and international radio stations.
- JLC Internet TV: is a program for watching free online TV channels.
- RaimaRadio: allows you to listen to and record radio stations from around the world.