The Core Media Player - GENERAL FEATURES
- Advanced DirectShow based Core.
- All A/V types are easily extendable by installing new DirectShow filters
- Skin support with real time Hue variation and Alpha blending
- Playlist support based on a XML/DTD architecture code-name Nefertiti. This allows you to set properties for each Playlist file entry (ie: equalizer settings, subtitles, title, Aspect Ratio, etc)
- Playlist file types supported M3U, PLS, NPL, XML
- Support for Winamp(tm) Digital Signal Processing (DSP) plug-ins for audio and video files
- Support for Winamp(tm) Visualization (VIS) plug-ins for audio and video files
- Advanced Core Dynamic Libraries (CDL) architectures providing a good way for third-party developers to enhance and add possibilities to be the player. (ie: Remote support, lyrics, subtitle format support, etc)
- DirectShow summoner: an easy way to force a DirectShow filter to join a filtergraph
- Dual-View monitor support
- Adjustable Media playback speed (Half rate -50%, Normal rate 100%, Double rate 200%)
- Graphedit Server for manipulating audio and video streams
- Multithreaded capable for optimized speed.
- Console mode with Full Command Line Interface (CLI) Features
- Bookmarks & chapters support
- Easily customizable hotkey support
- Player database statistics.
- Full tray icon controls
- WinXP autoplay shell integration
The Core Media Player - AUDIO FEATURES
- Supported audio formats*: AAC, MP3, AC3, OGG, WMA, Real Audio, MPC, WAV, MOD, CDA, FLAC, MKA, APE, ASF, AU, MID, MCF, WAVPACK, SPEEX, Vorbis, MP1, MP2, VQF
- DS Based http streaming support
- Integrated Audio Stream Switching Support
- 9 bands equalizer + and Preamp
- Dynamic Range Control (DRC)
- Metadata support and editor for ID3v1, ID3v2 tags, OGG, OGM, MPEG audio info
- Ability to change the audio renderer (DirectSound, WaveOut, etc), AC3 support
The Core Media Player - VIDEO FEATURES
- Supported video formats*: Matroska, Real Video, OGM, DivX 3.xx, 4.xx, 5.xx, MPEG-4. XviD, DVD***, AVI, MPEG-1, H.264, SVCD, VCD, OGM, DAT, IFO, VOB, WMV, ASF, QT 2.x, M1V, M2V, VP3, CorePNG
- 100% compatible OGG, OGM Media Player. Capable of OGM video, audio streams, subtitles, chapters, tags
- Advanced Matroska CDL with support for Anamorphic Video Ratios
- AVI with multiple audio streams support
- DS Based http streaming support
- Desktop background player mode (plays videos on desktop background)
- NEW powerful Open Source USF Universal Subtitles Format (USF) based on XML/DTD
- Subtitles support for Subrip, MicroDVD, PowerDivX, Subviewer 1/2 with the tags
- Fully customizable On-Screen-Display (OSD) Video support
- Metadata support for ID3v1, ID3v2, MPEG audio information, AVI information, OGG Vorbis tags
- Metadata support for AVI information, OGG Vorbis tags, WMV tags
- On the fly video size change for Display Aspect Ratio, Pixels Aspect Ratio, Pan-Scan/Zoom, - Vertical and Horizontal stretching
- Manual Time Jump
* With the appropriate filters installed
** Supported in the Registered Version
Changes in The Core Media Player 4.11 :
- [ADD] Support for Haali Media Splitter
- [FIX] Lot's of small stuff we can't remember ;-)
• Related downloads:
- MV2Player: is freeware multimedia player for Windows, with tons of usefull features.
- Media Player Classic: looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional features.
- Nero Media Player: specialized in playing back audio data, offers a large range of functions and effects...
- Zoom Player: is a robust Media and DVD Front-End Player.
- DivX Player: is the official playback application from the creators of DivX video.
- SubEdit Player: is a very easy-to-use, versatile movie player and subtitles editor.